Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tuxedo Coconut Chocolate Almond Butter Cups

A New Jacket for Almond Butter
     I always like making nut butter cups, but sometimes I sense they are lacking in variety.  Let me introduce you to the tuxedo almond butter cup! The bottom is not made from white chocolate, but melted coconut butter. Please think of coconut butter as something similar to almond butter NOT coconut oil or regular butter, before judging. Coconut butter is made from blended unsweetened coconut flakes. With vanilla cinnamon almond butter inside, this is full of delightfully different textures and flavors. I tried making it purely with coconut and no chocolate, but I definitely recommend the half and half style.
     Eat these as a dessert, breakfast, or snack. Before leaving for my hike yesterday I chopped a few of these up in my almond butter sandwich.  The extra nutty crunchy spread kept me satisfied for hours with out making me feel overly full. I can't wait to try these mixed in oatmeal or on top of a pancake. Enjoy

Ingredients
 Directions
  1. Melt coconut butter until smooth, and coat the bottom 1/3 of a muffin paper or silicup.
    1. Note: I found the easiest way to melt coconut butter is to dip the glass jar in hot water for a few minutes. It is much easier to scoop out with this way.
  2. Freeze for roughly 6-10 minutes until hardened
  3. While freezing, melt chocolate and coconut oil in double boiler pan.
  4. Place roughly 1 tsp vanilla cinnamon almond butter in each cup 
  5. cover with melted chocolate
  6. Refreeze or chill until hardened.

No comments:

Post a Comment