Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blueberry Banana Pancakes

Soft on the inside crispy on the outside gluten free



     Pancakes always conjure up good memories for me. If I take the time to make them, it usually means it's a weekend, and most likely someone is joining me for breakfast. In college we had occasional pancake breakfasts in the lounges, and at home they became a post long run tradition while summer training for cross country. My sisters insist on eating them doughy while my Mom prefers them completely cooked like bread. I fall somewhere in between. When I order pancakes at a restaurant, I will ask for them soft on the inside, crispy on the outside. Occasionally it works, but usually I'm more satisfied making my own pancakes and adding which ever topping I feel like. Since these pancakes are nut flour based, they are more filling than their traditional counterparts. No need for the pancake, egg, bacon, toast platter. Just eat a couple these with a dollop of yogurt/almond butter or maple syrup and you will be set!


Serves about 3
  • 1 1/2 cups almond meal or almond flour (I use Trader Joe's)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup blueberries
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup blueberries 
Directions: Mix wet ingredients in a bowl, add dry ingredients. Cook on a greased and heated skillet for a few minutes on each side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment