Monday, November 12, 2012

Chocolate Covered Root Vegetables

Orange October

The San Francisco Giants won the world series this year. Hooray! Most people are surprised to find out that I follow baseball (sometimes). I like baseball, but I will admit to being a playoffs only fan. I hardly watch anything all season, and then during the playoff's I suddenly get really into it. This year, I watched most of the games either on a laptop sized TV or in Whole foods. To make up for the lack of HD TV, I made some black and orange treats for the viewers. This tastes like sweet potato ice-cream. It also happened to be right around Halloween at the time. Just perfect.


Ingredients

  • 1 C purred orange vegetables- I used half butternut squash, half sweet potato
  • 1.5 T coconut butter
  • 1 t pumpkin pie spice
  • 72% dark chocolate and coconut oil
Directions
  • Coat sili-cups or muffin papers with melted chocolate and coconut oil. Place in freezer for 7 minutes or until hard.
  • Mix together root vegetables and spices.
  • Spoon mixture into muffins
  • Use a spoon to cover with chocolate, place into freezer.
  • Serve cool or at room temp. 





No comments:

Post a Comment