Saturday, November 17, 2012

Apple Cider Almond Butter

The 23rd Flavor

This summer I made a goal of creating 23 different nut butters before my 23rd Birthday on November 28. On Monday when I sat down to list of all the flavors, and I fell just two short. Thus, I headed to the kitchen and made chocolate mint and apple cider almond butters to cap it off. The chocolate mint is far to minty for me to share yet, so I present to you the apple cider! This fruity almond butter is a little stickier than normal types, (because of the water in the apple sauce) although it still tastes great. So far, I find the best combination is to spread it on of apples. I don't mind an apple abundance. 


Ingredients
  • 1 C raw almonds (roasted would work as well)
    • Note: Raw almonds take about 10 minutes to blend, roasted only take about 5. Use roasted if pressed for time.
  • 1/4 C unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1 t apple cider vinegar
  • 2 t cinnamon
  • Sprinkle of salt optional
Directions
  1. Blend almonds in a strong food processor. 
  2. Scrape down from the sides and blend again until it appears to be like regular almond butter.
  3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until combined


No comments:

Post a Comment