Thursday, May 10, 2012

Carrot Sweet Potato Ginger Soup

Internal Warmth

         Hello to my readership, and sorry for my long absence. As everyone says, it's "that time of year" when things are wrapping up, and starting up. Enough of my excuses though, and back to the soup. I know it's 80 degrees outside, but sometimes the late spring still calls for internally warming foods. Air conditioning is jacked up, you are in and out of the pool, and it's breezy. Basically I'm trying to convince you of why this soup is still a good idea any time of day or year. But really the taste should be enough to sell you. It's a pretty simple recipe so next time I will try adding some roasted onions or butternut squash. Enjoy!

Ingredients- Serves 1
  • 2 Carrots
  •  1 small yam
  • 1/3 c coconut milk from the can (not a milk carton)
  • 1/4 t ground ginger or freshly grated ginger
  • Dash of- curry, cumin, nutmeg, salt
Directions 
  1. Peel and steam the carrots and yams.
  2. Blend the yam and carrots in a blender, and add coconut milk and spices. 
  3. Heat on the stove or in the microwave.
  4. Enjoy with toast or snapea crisps, 



No comments:

Post a Comment