Sunday, March 25, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread



 Peanut Butter and Chocolate Inside!
  Adding chopped peanut butter cups to banana bread is such a simple idea,  but it completely transforms the loaf. I thought 3 cups of almond flour would be a little overwhelming on the nuts, so I used less than half of the amount of coconut flour instead. It turned out perfectly and fell right out of the pan. I ate a slice after it cooled and left the rest on the counter, planning to bring some to the track meet and share it with the athletes. Somehow between the hours of 10 pm and 6:30 am, while I was asleep, the loaf was devoured. I should have known better then to leave something like this out at the Trudelle house, but at least I woke up  to raving reviews. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.







Ingredients- Serves 7-8 (or 2-3 Trudelle's)

1/2 C coconut milk
1/4 C butter or coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
4 large eggs
3 medium bananas 
1/4 C coconut sugar or brown sugar

1/2 t salt
1/4+ t baking soda
3/4 C coconut flour
7-8 peanut butter cups chopped in half  (preferably, homemade with dark chocolate)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mix together wet ingredients in a bowl or food processor.
  3. Add dry ingredients and coconut flour
  4. Stir in the peanut butter cups
  5. Pour banana mixture into greased loaf pan
  6. Bake for 45-50 minutes until fork comes out clean
  7. Cool before slicing.
  • I actually thought this tasted better chilled, although it tastes great either way.




2 comments:

  1. Wow! Decadent (yet healthy)! You should play mafia to see who the banana bread culprit is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it was Pete. I could tell by the way there were just a few chunks of chocolate left over in the morning. Hehe. Its very rich, but nourishing, and innovative :-)

      Delete