Thursday, March 22, 2012

French Toast Batter Oat Bake

What to do with all of your French Toast batter leftovers ?
Bake it in a bowl or a mug!






     I don't know about you, but whenever I make French Toast, there is always far too much batter left over, and I hate wasting food. I made this with my seven year old cousin Kiera who waited ever so patiently while I photographed this. After I finished, I put it aside to wait until after dinner. "Oh I have an idea," Kiera said, "We could just have it right now." I like the way kids think, although since dinner was in 20 minutes, we each just tried a little bit. Kiera Proclaimed, "That's very good, I think you should make ten next time, so everyone can have one." Except let us put on our own toppings." Fair enough, top it yourself or even add something inside. This is a nice alternative to oats in porridge or cookie form, it's something in between.

Ingredients/ Recipe
1. Mix the following ingredients in a microwave safe bowl or mug
  • 1/2c french toast dip from any french toast
  • 1/4c oat bran cereal
  • 1/4t baking powder
  • 1t sweetener of choice (honey, sugar, maple syrup)
  • 1 T flax seed meal or chia seeds

2. Microwave for 2-3 mins on high, until firm. Do not eat immediately, it will be hot!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment