Saturday, March 31, 2012

Millet Pizza Muffins

 

Sometimes I need to tear myself away from the food processor and branch out from nut butters. I have decided to start adding some more variety to my blog. So here's a savory muffin recipe with pizza flavor. I don't usually have a strong taste preference for millet. I think its pretty boring actually. If you feel the same way, I would encourage you to give millet another chance. Paired with a salad, these make for a nice light lunch.


Ingredients- Makes about 4 muffins

  • 3/4 C millet cooked. Can be up to a few days old.
  • 2 eggs
  • 2t chia seeds
  • 1/4 t salt
  • small amount garlic and onion powder
  • 1/2 C shredded mozzarella
  •  3/4 C tomato sauce- can be pizza sauce or pasta sauce
  • Optional: 1 T corn salsa, pesto, or other seasoning.

    Directions
    • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
    • In a small bowl, whisk together eggs with a fork. Add chia seeds, salt, and seasonings.
    • Pour into muffin cups or ramekin and bake for 17-20 minutes.
      • These don't rise much, but leave a little bit of room for adding the toppings.
    • Remove from oven and top with tomato sauce and cheese
    • Broil for 2 minutes or so until the top is slightly crisp
    • Eat while warm.  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment