Friday, August 31, 2012

Baba Ganoush


      I have always been a hummus fan. Sometimes it's excessive and I can easily eat it three meals a day...Hummus on eggs, hummus on my sandwich and hummus on my dinner salad.  So why not switch it up with eggplant instead of chickpeas? It is much quicker than cooking/soaking beans overnight.


Ingredients

  • 1 medium egg plant baked and peeled
  • 1-2 Tbs Tahini (or Trader Joes Tahini Sauce!)
  • 1/2 lemon juiced
  • salt, paprika to taste
  • Drizzle of olive oil - I actually did this more for looks, but it tasted good too. 
Directions
  • poke holes in a medium eggplant with a fork and bake for 20 minutes at 350.
  • Remove from oven and peel off the skins. 
  • Let it cool as long as your patience allows. 
  • In a blender or a food processor blend all ingredients except paprika and oil. 
Babaganoush and bok choy salad with lunch. * please excuse my rustic photography skills. 


1 comment:

  1. So I tired to blend it after cooking it, and I found out that my blender sucks. I will let you know how it works out

    ReplyDelete