Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tropical Popsicle Bites


        This weekend I had the chance to get away for a few days to run a relay race around Lake Tahoe with the Impala Racing team. I soaked up the sun, mountain air, and fresh pine scent as much as I could. The weekend was full of running, long meals at the cabin, and many laughs. The coconut water I drank after my leg of the relay quenched my thirst and helped stop my altitude headache. Later that day I picked up some buy one get one free strawberry packs and realized they would taste with cold coconut water. Thus here comes the delicious frozen combination of the two (plus another fruit). I don't own a popsicle mold, however these muffin sized cubes work great with just a napkin. Yet another summer treat for the collection. It's currently 96 degrees so I will be enjoying some of these today!

Ingredients
  • Coconut water
  • Strawberry slices
  • Fresh pineapple slices
This recipe is so simple that I will let you decide the ratio for yourself. If you have left over fruit salad, other fruits can be contributed as well. 

Directions
1.  Place several slices of strawberries and pineapple in a silicup, popsicle mold or ice cube tray. 
2. Fill the rest with coconut water and freeze. Enjoy plain, in a glass of juice, or blended up into a smoothie.

Goodbye Emerald bay!


No comments:

Post a Comment